Friday, September 30, 2011

Going with Plan B

Tuesday I was supposed to meet my running partner for a hilly 5K run.  I really wasn't feeling well at all that day (allergies?). I ended up coming home early from work and taking a nap.  Plan B was a solo 2.2 mile run on Wednesday instead.  It wasn't what I had planned, but it was nice because I ran a route that I haven't run in a few months.

Thursday, I was going to meet said running partner at the same place to get the hilly run in that we missed on Tuesday.  She texted that she was stuck at work and couldn't make it.  Plan B was a group 4.0 mile run instead.  It wasn't what I had planned, but it was nice because I ran with the group for a change; I haven't been running much with them lately.

So no hilly run so far this week, which is a bummer, but Plan B hasn't been so bad.  Sometimes it's about going where life takes you.

"The bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you refuse to take the turn" - unknown.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like your plan B's should be your plan A's :) You still seem to have had a good week. And a week with out hilly runs, who would complain? Not me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plan B is better than Plan Nothing! It's all about flexibility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend Lisa! I know you'll enjoy the no-hills run too.

    ReplyDelete