Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Seven

1) FEELING BETTER: I'm back among the living! I felt pretty miserable for 48 hours and then started getting better. I even went for a short run yesterday. It was a chilly 21 with a "feels like 13" with wind. I only have 5 more potential run opportunities until I begin the Euflexxa injections, so I was anxious to get out for the run. None of my run buddies wanted to brave the weather (weather wimps!), so I was resigned to run solo.

2) DASUQUIN FOR DOGS:  Our oldest dog, Bandit, has acquired a bit of a limp. It seems to be worse in the morning.  I suspect he is suffering from arthritis, so I went ahead and ordered Dasuquin chews with MSM for large dogs. It's essentially a glucosamine supplement for dogs. We give the cat version to our older cat and it really puts a bit of spring in his step. The dog version came in tablets or chews.  I figured the chews would be less of a struggle, and they are.  He loves them.  I'm hoping to see an improvement in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!

3) PHOTO A DAY:  I'll be joining a 365 project again at the beginning of January. It requires taking a photo a day and posting to a group site on flickr.  Part of the fun is seeing what others have photographed and shared.  I found it to be a great way to chronicle my year last that I did it.  If any of you want to join along, let me know!!

4) NEW STUFF:  My llbean order using the funds from my shoe return arrived last week.  I wore the Sugoi Sub-zero tights when I ran yesterday, and they kept my legs toasty. I had to send the Sporthill top back to exchange for a different size, though.

5) LAPTOP WOES:  I'm in the market for a new laptop.  My current laptop screen is broken. I can only use it when attached to an external monitor.  That's been working out okay for me for the most part, I usually use a tablet for most things and don't mind sitting at the desk when I use the laptop. However, with school starting for me next month, it seems I need a replacement.  There are so many choices right now that it seems overwhelming.

6) BRRR!: It's blustery and cold outside this morning and it looks like the cold weather is affecting almost everyone. Stay warm!

7) WINTER SMOOTHIES:  I've gotten into the habit of making protein and frozen fruit smoothies on an almost daily basis.  My favorite has a bit of a tropical flair.  Does anyone have any ideas for something a bit more seasonal?  I'd like to change things up, but I haven't come up with any good ideas.

11 comments:

  1. I recently bought a laptop at Best Buy for $230 (Toshiba) and love it! It depends what your requirements are, but for me it's mostly pictures and internet (social media and blogging). It's perfect for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! For a winter smoothie, I like to add peppermint. In fact, that's good all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my HP laptop. It's a freaking tank!

    What temps to the tights keep you warm till? I'm shopping for some new winter tights right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the instagram photo a day for a month. I think a year sounds fun but like a lot of work. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a new laptop earlier this year and found the research before hand seriously overwhelming! I hope you have success finding a good fit for you :) As for smoothies, I like orange in mine sometimes which seems semi-wintery...otherwise pumpkin and spice would make for a creamy seasonal drink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to best buy yesterday and one thing that I determined is that I don't want/need one of those convertible tablet/laptop things. I have a tablet that I like. I just need a working laptop. At least that is progress in narrowing down the search!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're felling better! I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop which I love and it was reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you get in some running before the injections start. I'm curious about the photo a day thing. Please give me some details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. winter smoothie - add pumpkin ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Toshiba Laptop. It is pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog a while back - sorry you've been feeling under the weather!

    ReplyDelete