Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thinking out loud...

This morning I had a 4 miles easy run on the schedule. I did get out there and accomplish the 4 miles, but nothing about it was easy. Hmmm. This running 4 days a week thing may be harder than I thought.

Tomorrow is a speed work day. I am planning to do the workout with the running group for extra motivation. They meet in the evening. That leaves an open slot in the morning; good place to fit in a swim!

Friday morning I have an appt with the Trainer at the gym. Let's see. I could cycle to/from the gym, maybe add an extra loop on the bike while I'm at it.

Then Saturday morning has seven miles on the schedule. That's a fun run distance.

I can wrap up the week with a swim on Sunday. Maybe a *bonus* bike ride if I get ambitious. Or not, if I'm feeling lazy or just need to give my legs a break.

Yep. Sounds like a plan to me. Now to go make it happen...

17 comments:

  1. Can't be anything lazy about a week like that! Cheers and good luck.

    Thanks a million for the encouragement.. and personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan. But tell me this, why are you running four days a week? Isn't 3 sufficient when you are cycling and swimming on top of all of that? just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I feel like a slug compared to you. ALL I do is run four times a week...

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Failing to plan is planning to fail. You are on your way to great success. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It made me tired reading your plan. You are all kinds of motivated- good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you 7 miles is a "fun run distance."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo you are doing an awesome job lady! Very impressive and I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, running 4 days a week...is... Fun! ha! Totally kidding, it's starting to wear on me too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope the speedwork goes well. i've got a tempo run tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a PACKED plan.. Trainer huh?? I use my hubby because I am deathly afraid of someone forcing me to focus on my abs.. OUCH!!

    Get it done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheesh, I'm tired just reading all that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a busy gal! Seven mile fun run? Clearly we have different definitions of fun. Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a busy week... but your weeks are all like this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good lord that's a big week. I run 6 days a week and that's pretty much all I have time for!

    ReplyDelete
  15. agree with Groover's comment. you're doing great! I think i'm liking the 3day/week running now that i'm into all the other stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like a perfect plan. a plan always helps, you are doing so well! hope the workouts are great.

    ReplyDelete