Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In which I justify two unscheduled rest days...

Woke up yesterday with the crazy early alarm clock, but just didn't have the energy to run. Couldn't put my finger on it, but I just felt off.

No worries. I figured I could run after work on my own or possibly even meet up with the run group and run with them.

As the day progressed, I started to expererience general body aches. Then a cough. And a sore throat.

Uh oh. I think I'm coming down with something.

By mid afternoon, I was feeling miserable. A co-worker suggested that I go home before infecting everyone.

Sounded good to me.

Side Rant: Before heading home, I needed to stop at GoodYear again. The rear passenger-side tire was low. They found a large staple in it; probably from the recycling center. Gahh!! Enough with the flat tires already!! End of Rand.

When I arrived home, I decided I wasn't going to run. Taking a rest day seemed more prudent. I had no appetite or dinner and went to bed early. Feeling Bleh, I asked Husband not to set the alarm for me, I would just wake up whenever.

Fast forward to this morning. I'm feeling better, but not great. Schedule calls for cycle commuting. That's sooooo not going to happen.

I hope to be back on track tomorrow.

19 comments:

  1. Listen to your body. It needs a break so take it. Also what the crap is up with the tires? Sheesh. Hope that's it for you and GoodYear. They see dollar signs when you pull in. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better.
    Rest is better when you are sick. Exercising could make you worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up girly, you don't want to run your body down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. That nasty bug is going around. Get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH feel better... If it makes you feel better I took 2 days off just because :)

    Passing on cycling to work is a GOOD IDEA..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take it easy woman! If the body is rebeling, listen up! Rest up! You'll be back on the pavement in no time!

    P.S. I'm mildly concerned with all this tire issues you have going on. Perhaps some more running is neccessary to counter react some of this negative ju-ju! :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the body just knows best, right? I had the same thing happen to me last week.
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. get better and don't get in your body's way..you will lose...lol. And thanks for doing your part to spur on the economy with your frequenting of the Good year shop..lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. :( sorry you are under the weather. That always sucks.

    I set my alarm this morning for a swim, but didn't hear it (trying out earplugs-noisy NYC). So swim is off until later today before PT.

    RE: moody teenage boys locked in their rooms.....thanks for the warning. Forewarned is forearmed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better soon. Maybe you should buy stock in rubber to get some of your tire money back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ick! Hope you feel better soon! Being sick is the pits. Hopefully some rest does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better soon!

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feel better soon, sounds like you're being smart and listening to your body!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you know when to back off. Hope you're better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done listening to your body and doing what you need ! If it was me I'd bullhead through it and then get sick for weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you're feeling better, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your rest days help you feel better! Good for you for listening to your body rather than trying to force it.

    ReplyDelete