Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"Enjoy the Moment"

First things first - my workouts week to date and the plan for the next few days.

Monday 1250 swim + upper body strength. Boy my arms and shoulders feel it the next day! But in a good way.

Tuesday - Zumba! I've decided to stick with Zumba 1-2x per week for the rest of the month and then see where it fits in after that. It is a good core workout, it's fun, and it makes me sweat (aerobic workout as well).

Wednesday - 2.6 mile tempo run on the treadmill - same pace as last Sunday.

Tomorrow if I get my butt out of bed early enough, another swim and upper body workout before work. Otherwise, I'll skip the swim and maybe just a mile on the treadmill with strength following.

Not sure what do to on Friday, I'm partial to the idea of doing Zumba in the evening and letting the cards fall where they may for Saturday morning.

Obviously Saturday's Half Marathon is heavy on my mind. I looked back at my goals from a previous post and they still hold, but I need to add something. I fully intend to "Enjoy the Moment"whatever it might bring. This is an important part of who I am and why I do this. I think it's a shame that so many athletes simply aren't happy unless they are going faster or fast enough or longer or long enough or whatever. I find that there is more joy in the monent itself than in the numbers that describe it. Personally, I don't *ever* want get caught up in that other stuff to the extent that I stop enjoying the moment.

On that note...not sure if I'll post again before Saturday...if not, I'll catch you on the flip side!

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for the very timely reminder to enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first goal is always to go out there, enjoy myself, give my best, and know no matter how my time turns out that I gave it my best. I find if I really focus on that, the times usually come down. If you dont post again, good luck and have a great race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are mo betta since the last time you ran a half mary. You will enjoy the moment, no matter what!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck for the race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to hearing all about it. You've got the perfect attitude, hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kick butt lisa...

    zumba zumba zooooom

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you odn't post until then -- good luck with your half!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, Lisa!

    I'm sure you will have fun with your positive attitude, and I also think you will do great :)

    Hopefully, we will see each other there before the start or after.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You go! Your spirit is inspiring.
    Looking forward to your ongoing journey... And thank for your stopping by with cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, good luck! I think you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely correct. Enjoy the journey. Let the "destination" take care of itself. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the right mind set (IMHO!).... enjoy ever step, every breath... and don't forget to raise the arms and smile for that shot on the line ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely, enjoy all the moments along the way, making memories....

    you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa this was a MOST excellent post and ITA with you! The past 2-3 weeks of runs have probably been my slowest numerically but the BEST as far as enjoying the moment :-) It's so easy to get caught up in the whole digits thing and forget all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great reminder for me!!! I need to write that on my arm with Sharpie for Sunday.

    Good luck and ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAVE FUN
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, definitely enjoy the moment!

    Your week looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So this full-on week of exercise is your taper? Hmmmm...I see....
    You are absolutely right that it's sad people don't enjoy what they are actuallu doing, only judge it by some externally imposed standards. We must seek the joy!
    Best of luck for Saturday mate!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How true about enjoying the moment. Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 'scuse my ignorance...
    you Americans always seem to have the coolest fitness classes...and they dont seem to make it over here until it s *soooo* last year....

    I think we're still going a bit mental for kettlebells...

    what on earth is Zumba!?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do enjoy the moment!! Take it all in...

    I stumbled across your blog and thought I would say hello!

    Em

    My second 1/2 marathon is on Mother's day! Training for my first marathon in October! (that still terrifies me to write it!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck tomorrow! Go Accelerade!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this. Life is all about enjoying the moment and the season you are in. I wholeheartedly agree. Hope the race went well.

    ReplyDelete