Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Plodding on...

Okay, so blogger beta issues notwithstanding...it is time for me to think about and plan my 2007 season. i'm not as sophisticated as some of you (yet) with being able to put them on my sidebar. For now, I'm just happy that I have some semblance of a plan. Capiche?

My main goal this year is to complete an olympic distance triathlon. I'm targetting the Las Vegas Triathlon (Storrie Lake) which should be at the end of July. This will be my A race.

To get there, I hope to compete in the Rio Rancho Duathlon in early April and the Milkman Triathlon in early June.

I will compete in a few other sprint tris unrelated to that goal - Jay Benson and Socorro come to mind quickly.

I will definately need to buy a wetsuit, practice in it, practice in open water.... I hope I don't freak out.

I may finish last, but I intend to finish.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I finally figured out how to comment on all you high tech beta bloggers.

    Sounds like a good plan, practice, practice, open water swimming. That helped me alot overcome my swimming fears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, we are pretty close in age and ambitions - I am also planning to do an Olympic Distance Tri in early July. Let's keep an eye on each other and I am sure we will both make it.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete