Saturday, December 23, 2006

Beginnings

"With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere." - C.S. Lewis

First off, thank you all *so* much for the encouraging words about my upcoming 10K. I really appreciate it. I failed to mention that said 10K is 9 short days away. Yikes! I think I'm stressing because it is so close.

Yesterday I got my butt kicked by Coach Troy (Spinervals No Slackers!) and later went on a 6 mile run in my Z2/Z3 HR. Not so sure what will happen when I start out at my 5K pace on race day, but everything begins somewhere.

Today I took it easy - 1250M swim and 6 mile bike ride. I thought about riding longer, but there are still some icy patches on the road so I cut it short - better safe than sorry.

Merry almost-Christmas-Eve!!

4 comments:

  1. Way to start out the year with a new adventure. That is what a new year should be about, (I think so anyways).

    Have a good x-mas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I say how excited I am to hear your report? If I did, I'm saying it again because that's how excited I am! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be FINE!
    Are you trying to go fast? If not, just view it as a training day.
    If you want to test yourself a "little", just go your normal training speed plus one little notch higher. Pay attention to your breathing rate. If you are really winded at the first mile (like feeling a litle oxygen debt in your upper arms), that's too fast. If you are a little winded but confident (and still thinking happy thoughts; noticing the scenery and outfits of people around you), then that's about right.
    Have fun... that's the most important thing. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to ditto all the comments you've recieved about this, and just add.... You go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete