Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Pennies from Heaven



I really like listening to the Elf Soundtrack at Christmas time. One of my favorites is Pennies from Heaven

"Ev'ry time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven..."

Found new meaning in that last night. My daughter asked to go Christmas shopping for her friends. She wanted to buy for 6-7 girls. She had a budget, we found some things on sale, and she promised to pay me back.

When we came home, she presented me with a pile of change. Uggh. At first I was not at all happy that she was paying me back in pennies and dimes and such.

But then she explained that she has been saving her change from lunch for the past several months so that she would have money to buy Christmas gifts. And she had counted it out and knew how much she had. And she promised me that it was all there.

"...pennies from heaven....for you and me"

1 comment: