I am now 10 days out from the Patriot Sprint Tri. The web site describes the course as follows:
"Seeded serpentine style swim + 14 mile hilly bike ride + 5K hilly run. Run is partially on dirt roads."
For a short event, it's actually a tough little course. I would think that it would be wise for someone training for this to do a lot of hill work.
So....what has my week looked like from a workout perspective?
* Sunday - swim
* Monday - swim
* Tuesday - run (flat 4.1 mi)
* Wednesday - skipped bike ride (would have been hilly)
* Thursday - run (flat 5.2 mii)
Yeah. I'm not the role model for training wisely for this event. One might even go so far as to say that I'm going into it unprepared.
As such, I'm predicting that my experience with this race is going to SUCK.
If you are predicting anything else, I suggest you go back to the top of this post, re-read the course description and my pitiful training thus far. If you still predict something else, it may be wise for you to have your head examined.
What's on deck?
* Friday I truly hope that I find my self doing the cycle to the gym and back thing and then add a stand-alone bike loop on top of that. That will at least give me some hill practice.
* Long run Saturday.
* Swim Sunday
* Longish bike ride with Husband Monday (weather permitting).