- Having a Training Plan: I put together a schedule to get me to a spring half marathon back in December and have working through it since Jan
- Picking a Target Race: I was eyeing three different races at the beginning of this endeavor and I managed to choose the target race and get registered about month ago.
- Galloway Running: Generally speaking, the Galloway method has been working really well for me.
- Long Run Success: I successfully completed both an 8 & 9.5 mile runs without issue
- Beach Running: I ran twice on the beach during vacation. Yay!
- Schedule Nightmare: Having some trouble getting my mid-week runs completed consistently. Juggling my home/work/school commitments isn't leaving me a very good window for mid-week running right now.
- Return of Knee Pain: Knee pain re-surfaced at mile 6.5 of my long run this weekend. Had to walk the remaining 2.5 miles back to my car. Was actually supposed to run farther than the 9.0 miles that this adds up to, so I didn't even get the full mileage in.
The knee pain return was a surprise. It hadn't bothered me at all up to that point, and it was a big problem during the long run and for the rest of the day. Still a bit sore now. It might be related to not getting in the mid-week runs consistently and still trying for the long run. Or it might be that my knee simply isn't going hold up for a half marathon. I am going to rest it the rest of this weekend, and then try some short runs next week to see where I'm at with this. Needless to say, it's discouraging...