Tuesday evenings are the running group meetings. However, I needed to run this morning before facing the day. The group would just have to meet without me. Note that I said needed to run, not wanted to run. Some days are just like that, you know?
When I got out on the trail, each step would be like hitting the backspace key, working to erase the stress in my life. Didn't bring the Garmin along. This wasn't about pace and I already knew where my turn point was. This was about enjoying nature. Taking in the sights, smells, and sounds.
By the end, I could honestly say that I was in a good mood and ready to face the day. Ahhhhhh.
- 66.4 mi walking
- 28.8 mi running
- 5850 yds in the pool
- 13 trips up the hill
- 2 rest days
- 3 trips to urgent care/ER for daughter
- 4 calls from school about related absences
- 1 child off to college
- 1 volunteer event
- Run + walk = 95.2 miles by feet which is my highest month ever.
- My knee treatment worked, no more pain. Hallelujah!
- Best swim was a 400 yd TT under 9 minutes
- Best run was Saturday's negative split progressive run
- Favorite run was my 4 miler this morning.
- Favorite walks was hiking Garin with JoLynn
- The sunrise as viewed from out on the mesa never gets old
- Trips to Urgent Care/ER are never fun
- Volunteering is cool, but participating is better
- Nothing concrete. Hitting 100 miles by feet would be cool. So would doing some race for fun. Otherwise, I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on.