Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Fail

I have a standing Friday morning bosque walk date with a friend. Today, I decided to show up at the meeting place a bit early to test my knee with an easy 2 mile run.

And so I did. And the knee promptly failed the test.

I made it roughly a half mile before my knee started to ache. I walked a bit, then tried again. Same result. Drat. My knee is clearly not ready yet. The planned 2 mile run turned into a few half mile run segments filled in with walking. Drat.

This is disappointing, but I still have hope. The doctor said that it could take up to six weeks after the final injection for me to experience maximum results. It's only been two weeks. At two weeks, I was cleared to run if it didn't hurt. But it does. So I'll be giving it more time.

I still went off with my friend for our scheduled 4 mile walk and it was grand.

It would be so easy to be bummed out and frustrated about the knee situation, but it's important to put it all in perspective. If the worst things in my life right now are not being able to run and my son leaving for college next weekend, life must be pretty darn good.

14 comments:

  1. Oh don't let the knee get you down Lisa, you're still able to walk and get around. Give the injections a chance to do their thing....

    you're busy enough with your son leaving for college...hope you are doing well with it... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the next few weeks will bring lots of healing, and excitement with starting college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your knee, but good for you for putting it in perspective! I'm sure the injections will work out for you, just give it time :)

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like JoLynn said. Good Attitude. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yuppers you can still walk and you have friends and family that's all the big things right!

    hug the boy and give him lots of food to take with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that it hurt, but you have the right perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (((HUGS))) little by little, it will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your knee still hurting. It is hard to be patient but I'm sure you'll get where you want to be even though life ain't so bad anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain! But healing time is important, even if it's hard to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry to hear about your knee. This seems to be a tough week for a lot of folks. Hope it mends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a test run, but I don't think it was a fail... After all, you need to see what you can and can't do. I hope it all evens out soon enough and the knees won't be so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. boo :( but you are still within the 'typical window' of recovery so that is good. hopefully it won't take the full 6 weeks of course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good perspective. I hope the knee heals quicker than expected :)

    ReplyDelete