Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Accelerade, Cycling, and more

The good people of Accelerade found me via my blog and asked me to try out their product and blog about my experiences (as well as post on their website). I agreed.

Thirty 20-oz bottles of Accelerade arrived at my doorstep, and I've used it on two bike rides so far.

The first time, I tried the flavor that is colored blue. I didn't think it had much taste at all, which was a good thing. The second time, I tried the flavor that is colored orange. It had a more noticble taste, but wasn't overbearing. I really don't like sweet stuff. I've never been a soda drinker and didn't put sugar in my coffee when I was a coffee drinker. Most sports drinks are too sickly sweet for me. I have two more flavors to try, but so far, Accelerade is right on the money with regard to taste.

I have felt better during and after the rides with Accelerade than I have in the past. Is it the sports drink or just my own experience? Not sure yet, but I'm looking forward to using this product some more.

Shout out to SW TriGal and GeekGirl
who worked around my schedule and let me come on a 45mile ride today ( I took vacation, but still had an important phone conference to join mid-day). It was an *awesome morning* for a bike ride because we got what the rare cloudy sky!! However, it still totally wore me out. I'm in awe of you folks that put in huge mileage week after week after week.

I've been sitting on my rear this evening and honestly don't want to get up. Bring me my pillow, I think I'll just sleep right here. Thx.

20 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you lived near OTHER tri-royalty - OMG do you think the motorists KNEW who it was as they drove by you three?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 bottles of some sports thing to try would scare me to no end. I cannot find anything that agrees with me. Just give me water.

    Still on for chips'n'salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I feel like that EVERY time I get in a good workout! But you earned it, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 45 mile ride!! Sweet!! Awesome job! Thanks for the scoop on Accelerade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 45 mile ride, great job. You are really doing great concerning your training...Wohooo

    Time for a nap, you deserve it..

    Accelrade is a great product to. I used it last year.. Now they have more flavors. The Accel gels are not to bad either..,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh. I should've taken them up on their offer too. Did you experience the dry mouth thing? Or no? I've heard several folks say it left them with cotton mouth. I wanna try Accelerade myself but value your opinion first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This morning I'm still exhausted, but my legs feel great!

    I did not experience dry mouth. I had 48 oz of accelerade with me and 24oz of water. I drank all the accelerade, and actually had water left over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool.
    I envy the tri community you're getting to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to say the same thing as Wes, I've heard the cotton mouth thing from other people. I want to give it a go myself. Thanks for the info!! Let us know how it goes down the road with that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops I forgot to add, I LOL-ed at your comment. You know, I was thinking the EXACT same thing while I was running "Good God if I think THIS is bad, wonder how people on bikes that ride for hrs feel"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the info on the accelerade. I have seen alot of commercials for it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey. I'm just curious how you will be training for the tri. I am new to all of this. Planning to go slow like you, take the next 4-5 months to train for a sprint tri. Any advice is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish that Accelerade would drop 30 bottles on my doorstep...I would gladly try them out...if they are reading your blog..I wonder if I should leave my address here.....well I guess if they were interested they would have found me.

    Good luck....

    ReplyDelete
  15. You were awesome on the bike girlfriend!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi training buddy! Yes I'm properly back with comments too :O)

    Not sure I'd ever want to drink a blue drink... that's just not right.. eugh!! Although I'm sure there'll be more additives in the orange coloured one.... humm work that one out!

    Your training looks like it's going great guns.... HURRAH! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to try that accelerade... even though I love my sweet powerade!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love powerade too. Maybe I will try accelerade after my race. Good job on the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wooooo... SPONSORSHIP!

    I would luv a free 30 bottles of just about anything - too bad the program does not extend to Singapore.

    I'm with teacherwoman and mary gee, powerade works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky you!....man how do you and Misty rate? I get NOTHING! Oh...yeah..I am getting a box of energy bars...that I have to bake myself...(Oh well, I will eat just about anything! And my hubby certainly will!)

    ReplyDelete