Friday, August 31, 2007

August by the Numbers

I like to perform a tally each month to keep me honest. I have my 2nd ever Oly coming up in a month. I thought it would be fitting to compare my August stats with those from April since both are the month prior to an Oly. Here's how it stacks up.

Swim: August -5400M, April -10,800

No surprise. I have new logistical issues keeping me from getting to the pool as often as I had in the past. However, one thing in my favor is a few open water swims in August vs. none in April.

Bike: August - 254 miles, April - 121 miles

Historically, this has been my weakest link, and I've made an effort to spend more time in the saddle and work on my base. I hope it pays off at Elephant Man. If nothing else, I'm starting to enjoy cycling. :)

Run: August- 43 miles, April - 42.5

Basically a wash. With the half-mary coming next weekend, I wish this month's mileage had been higher. But it is what it is.

Races: August - nada, April - nada

I feel good, and I'm ready for whatever September might have in store. Bring it on!!

8 comments:

  1. Hopefully the extra miles on the bike will be advantageous for you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for the half - with your consistent base you'll finish easily. Looking forward to your race report :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right! Bring it on!! ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some pretty impressive mileage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Bring it on" I likeeee it...

    Great bike mileage.. Dang that is impressive..

    September, you will do great at your races..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! I am excited for you to run your half!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time at your race! I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing the report!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the upcoming tri!!!

    ReplyDelete