1) I have a new IPOD shuffle. I kept wanting one but wouldn't buy it. I wanted to win one somehow. Well, we finally got one as a gift for opening a new account, which we wanted to do anyway. Booyah!
2) Son loaded up my shuffle with a selection of music to help with half-marathon training. Tested it out this morning on my 10 mile run. The shuffle ROCKS.
3) Yes, boys and girls, you read that right. I completed a 10 mile run this morning. This is awesome on many fronts. First, I am feeling a lot better with regard to that whole cyst thing. Second, today was my longest run ever and I really didn't expect to be able to go that far given my physical condition earlier this week. Third, I'm feeling more confident about my ability to actually complete the half-marathon after the run today.
4) The Park Party was a lot of fun. Son & I won the three-legged race. All we won was bragging rights, so I'm using them now. LOL
5) I have a comfy new seat and pedals on their way thanks to a decent sale at Performance.com. I'm going to be ready when I get around to buying my new bike. I'm leaning toward a full carbon road bike. Maybe I'll make a final decision next weekend.
6) I also bought Husband a pair of bike shorts, which I think he will appreciate. I hope that will make it easier to talk him into going on longer rides with me. His only complaint from Saturday was a sore rear.
7) I'm really liking Accelerade. Primarily, I notice improvement in recovery since I've started using it.
8) Husband made tiramusu from scratch last night. Yummmmmm. It doesn't quite match the theme of the other items on my list, but life isn't just about training!!
9) My new fuel belt is working okay. It has four 6oz (I think a little more fits in there) bottles on it to spread the weight around. It's comfortable and I think this will be okay for half marathon training and the half marathon itself. I'll still need to stop at aid stations for some extra hydration. Today I made a quick stop home after mile 8, ditched the belt, and picked up my dog for two more miles. When I go further, I'll do roughly the same thing, picking the belt back up after dropping off the dog.
10) I need to clean and lube my chain. The fact that I know how to do this makes me happy. I also like it when it's all clean and pretty. So I'm looking forward to it.
There ya' have it. After a cruddy week and some disappointment, I've perked back up and am all smiley and happy again.