Saturday, August 25, 2007

Finally - Bike photos

First, My Giant is being re-purposed as my work-horse commuter. I need a few more things for this transformation to be completed; specifically, a good headlight/taillight set. It won't be long and my morning commutes will be starting before the sun comes up.

Second, My new LeMond Versailles carbon fibre bike is being customized to my liking. I know the blue sidewall tires don't match very well, but that is the color that Performance stocks in my preferred tire (Vrendstein Fortezza TriComp). They also come in a black or grey which would look nicer, but I can't find those locally. Don't be surprised if/when I find them, I switch them out in vain if the blue hasn't faded enough by then. And if anyone is looking to send me an early Christmas present, well, hint hint hint. LOL.

I found that buying a bike is a very personal thing. I did try a lot of bikes over the course of a month including tribikes and kept coming back to this one because it is simply a joy to ride. And ride it, I have. :)

11 comments:

  1. Nice bikes! Be careful with that big bag on the back of your Giant. I had a set up like that and found it made my rear end unstable in quick turns but for 99% of the time it was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made the right decision.

    With all my crazy thoughts on the subject, it is kind of a personal thing at the end.

    Nice ride, I like those tires to. I have the same blue ones as well for my roadie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice rides...and I know nothing of bikes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! All I know about bikes is Carbon Fiber is Good. I looked up the Versailles and it is an impressive looking bike! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the christmas present hit.

    Don't wait by your mailbox on account of me!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "HINT" I ment to say chrismas present HINT.

    Why do I always notice these things right after I hit Publish??!?........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh pretty pretty!! I can see why you fell in love, and she looks splendid all tri-ed up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! They are both sooo purty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice bike! Glad you found one you liked.

    ReplyDelete