Saturday, August 11, 2007

On the mend

I started feeling like I was coming back to life on Friday and decided to go for a run. I took Bandit out with me for 2 miles, brought him back, and did one more mile on my own. It was difficult, uncomfortable, and slow. I guess I wasn't feeling quite as much better than I thought, but at least I got out of the house and moved my body.

I also took my son to the HS for registration, which is something I always dread. It seems so disorganized and takes forever. When we were leaving, my son said something like: "Mom, I feel bad for the people who have to be there all day working at each of the stations. People get cranky about the lines and take it out on the people who are working, but it isn't their fault." Yep, he's quite the observant and considerate young man. Makes a Mamma' proud :)

This morning, Husband & I went on a 30-35mile bike ride. Cycling seems to be much easier on my body than running. I let him lead for most of it. At one point he was maintaining a 17-18MPH pace, too fast for me! I caught up and kindly asked him to please slow down. Afterall, I need him to stay close and protect me from the creepy people that we occasionally come across. Somewhere in the middle of the ride, I accidently reset my bike computer, so the exact stats from the ride are lost.

This afternoon, the kids & I took the cats to a shot clinic. Our female is pretty good, she got a little freaked out by some barking dogs, but otherwise did great. Our male was terrible. I am sure that he called the vet all kinds of bad names in cat language. He was HISSED! They basically had to put him in a little kitty straight jacket to complete the exam and give him his shots. He's not aggressive at home, but he really doesn't like going to the vet.

Tomorrow, if I'm up for it, I'm going to attempt a long run in the morning. In the afternoon, our church is sponsoring a Park Party community. Son is working food, and Daughter is doing face painting.

Enjoy the weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you got out and you feel ok. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are on the mend! Great job with your ride and run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling a bit better :o) Can't believe they do catty straight jackets - Muffin doesn't like the vet either, once I manage to get him out of his cat box he buries his head in my armpit and meows!!!

    Ease back into the training:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes go easy on the training for a bit....glad to hear that you got out tho....

    Sounds like a great Sunday...have fun....

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Afterall, I need him to stay close and protect me from the creepy people that we occasionally come across"

    I hear you! This is why I wish Dh ran with me. Keep the creepy creepy folk away LOL

    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great you are out there! Biking sure beats running in the heat - there is water available and a nice 15-20 mph breeze.

    ReplyDelete