Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mid week update

Here's a short list of a few things that I've done in the past few days:

1) Cycled on high desert hills. Riding with Husband is always a big plus and the view of the mountains never gets old. However, when riding in the desert, one must always beware of "goathead" thorns which are death to road tires. I think he was checking his tires for thorns when I snapped this photo.

2) Got back in the pool and swam. My training lately has resembled duathon training rather than tri training. I figured it was time to rectify that. Actually made it to the pool in the morning before work. Go me!

3) Registered for local HILLY sprint triathlon. The website claims it's the most difficult sprint in New Mexico; they say that the only part that is flat is the swim. Yikes!After much deliberation, I decided to go for it. This solidifies my need to continue training hills.

4) Cleaned up my snorkel gear. We have a trip to Hawaii on the horizon and my snorkel gear has been in the garage for a few years. Got it out, rinsed it off, cleaned up the mask, and it's good to go. Crazy excited about the trip, but I've still got a while to wait.

5) Ran Hills. The rest of my run group was doing track work, but my training plan called for 4 miles on a hilly route so I went out solo. I think the route that I picked was perfect. Next time I might just do that first hill several times, but it was nice to mix it up a bit and do something other than a straight out and back route.

How about you? What have you been up to?

14 comments:

  1. You have been working it! Great job on all the training, and congrats on signing up for the Sprint. Sounds like a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oof. Hills. :shudder: Good for you for choosing a hilly race. I hate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least your race org is honest, mine lies to me all the time, they say gently rolling hills or one slight raise. Ummm ya, I have never taken off my climbing gears all season because they find every hill they can to torture us. I remember one race I heard the RD say "The bike will be tough and hilly" For him to say that made me scared pre race, and he was right, the hardest bike leg of any race I have done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy...do you have any extra day in your week that I don't? :)
    rolling hills are lies. I never believe race descriptions until I actually see if for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for getting in the pool. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this week's ironman training has been driving me insane. also insane: scheduling this weeks ironman training. blerg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on signing up! Gotta love a good challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo sounds like a good summer you have lined up, sprint tri, hawaii. FUN! enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great week!! :0) YAY for a Hawaii trip! I'm insanely jealous! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you've been busy! Those hills don't look so fun. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy look at those hills! You've definitely been busy. That trip to Hawaii sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete