Friday, July 27, 2007

Go Girl! goes back.

I had chosed the Go Girl! jersey, but it fits me so poorly that I'm sending it back for a refund (not a different size, and not a different jersey). B'ah! So much for spending my "health for life" $$ on a cute bike jersey.

However, I think I might spend it on an entry to another race. The Elephant man Oly distance triathlon was just officially announced. It is located a few hrs away and will be held at the end of Sept. If I can get an "ALL CLEAR" from the family, I'm signing up. That will give me something to focus on and train for other than just the half mary earlier that month. I could use the motivation. :)

(edited because I don't know how I forgot to include the next part)

My 15yr old son is in marching band. They've been working hard all summer, particularly the past two weeks in all-day band camp. Today was their first public performance and they were AWESOME. The cool part...here I am in the audience, scanning the field for my son and taping the whole show. Immediately afterwards, he asked "can I see it?" I'm intrigued. How did he know I had taped it? Well, he was scanning the whole audience during the show looking for us. He found us and saw that I was taping it. And that made him happy. :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh bummer, sorry about the jersey! I liked that one! The oly sounds very cool too! That is so sweet about your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to the jersey people. It gives me the pip that they think only rakes want to wear decent sports clothes grrrrrr.
    Hope the fam gets on Team Lisa for the Olympic, that would be excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh you're such a tease! LOL Drag us out and then tell us you're going to return it ;-)

    Hopefully you can get that "all clear" from the fam and get rolling on the Tri training :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that sounds like a wise choice to me :-) Too bad its not a half iron distance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, nice mutual fielding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like spending my "extra" money on race entry fees as well. They sure do add up, but perhaps getting the all clear from the family is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry the shirt did not work...I hate when I order something and it is not what I expected! I agree that the tri will be a great way to spend that mu-la.

    Love the story about your son. I used to be able to find my parents during orchestra concerts. I actually busted my Dad once who thought I could not see out into the crowd and would not know that he did not make it until the last piece!

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to hear about your training for the olympic. very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell your son congrats on the performance....and good luck convincing the family about the 5k...tell them that the blog world is expecting you to participate.

    You should have been here today for all the sales at the running stores in Edmond, I bet you could have found something.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that a great feeling to see your child perform. A very proud moment.

    Too bad about the shirt- I know how that feels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. too bad about the jersey, but weren't you just looking for another race? Maybe it worked out perfectly. :-)

    Looks like you scored some brownie points with your teenage son - that's ALWAYS a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool about your son. It seems like our kids' accomplishments make us happier than our own sometimes! But I'm sure he is glad for your support. Sometimes we forget just how much we are their world for so many years. Hopefully you find a decent bike jersey soon. I know what you mean about bad fitting. And good for you getting back on that horse again. Hopefully the family things will work out so you can do that race.

    ReplyDelete