Saturday, October 14, 2006

Weekends are NOT my friend. I always have high expectations for weekends, but weekends usually let me down. Today started off being no exception.

Plan A) go for a run in the morning before taking daughter to the mall (at 10am), making batch #2 of applesauce, dropping off son for afternoon football game (he's in the band), watching band at football game, etc

However, I woke up late. And we were out of milk, so I needed to make a trip to the store. Before I knew it, I had apples half ready and a daughter anxious to go and a son who needed to be at the school pretty darn soon.

Plan B) Run after game and before dinner. Kinda just like it is a weekday and you're rushed to try to get a run in before family complains about wanting dinner...

I managed to sneak out while husband was off picking up son. Not as long of a run as I wanted. Not as fun either, it felt rushed. And while running, I thought about running farther and/or biking...and dinner.

Tomorrow morning I hope to get a nice long run while the family sleeps that gets me home in plenty of time to get ready for church, etc. And another 12.4 mile bike ride in teh afternoon would rock. But it's the weekend, and my plans usually dont' work out the way I intended....

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the weekends. Too much to do in too little time - and my kids aren't old enough to be carted around for various activities either, yet.

    ReplyDelete