Saturday, October 21, 2006



This morning I intended to go out on a 2 hour moderate ride and get home in plenty of time to make food for son who has a full day marching competition. Got up and out the door at about 7:15am. What do I hear? Flap..flap..flap... Drat! A flat. Not just a flat, A REAR flat. UGGGH. I was definately not a happy camper.

On the positive side, the flat presented itself early enought that I could walk the bike home and deal with it in the comfort of my warm home rather than out in the cold on the side of the road. Also, while it did take a full hour before I was back on the road, I *did* get back on the road and still had time for a 1.5 hr ride. And son got fed and was delivered to the band room on time. And I have built up just a little more confidence in my flat fixing capability. However, I'm starting to think those slime lined tubes may not be such a bad idea...

Side note, as you probably know, today is the Ford Ironman World Championship race in Kona. I have a friend in the race this year! I just checked on him, and no data yet, so I assume that means he's still in the water as I type... I hope the day goes well for him.

UPDATE: Friend finished in 10:32:35. I bet he's happy. Hope he and his wife enjoy the rest of their week in Hawaii too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment