Monday, October 2, 2006

Okay, this really stinks. I couldn't get a Dr appt today to get some advice on my injury from yesterday and I'm still hobbling around. I attempted a visit to urgent care only to discover way more people waiting then seats. So I left and came home. I'll just try to manage this myself unless it doesn't get any better in the next few days.

Meanwhile, I've been reading lots of triathlon blogs while sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself. I wish I had gone all out my first triathlon season and planned for more than just one event. It seemed so impossible when I started, but I see now that it was more than possible. Missed opportunity...story of my life!

Note to self: Once I get this injury on the mend, I simply must work a lot more on my weakest area - cycling. I also must choose at LEAST 3 multisport events to compete in next year.

4 comments:

  1. Cool! So I looked you up in the Socorro results and you did great. You beat me. Your bike time was only 2 minutes slower than mine, but your swim time and runs times much better. Sign up for the Polar Bear Triathlon in December at White Sands Missle Range. Here's a link to this year's races, but you can kind of get an idea what next year's schedule will look like. http://www.socorro.com/ssr/Schedule2006.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I didn't mean "Cool!" about your injury and such, I was just excited about someone new posting on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the idea. i'll see how i'm feeling from an injury-recovery perspective in a week or so and if better, i think i *will* sign up for polar bear. stay tuned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your injury, hopefully you'll heal fast!

    I love your swimming avatar! You sure look like you know how to swim!

    And you're such a fast runner, I can imagine saying "bleh" to any of your times!

    ReplyDelete