This is what I had planned as of Tuesday. Wanted to check in on how I'm doing so far.
- Bike ride Wednesday ~28-32 miles - I ended up riding 31.4 total, but it wasn't quite the bike experience I had hoped for. You can read more about our cycling woes that day in a previous post.
- Long run Thursday 7.8 miles (weird distance, but that's how far the route is, so that's the plan) - Ran 7.8 per the plan. I was exhausted afterwards for some reason, but otherwise it was a good run.
- Easy run Friday 3.5 miles - Ended up running closer to 3 miles, but walked 2 so it's in the ballpark of the plan
- Bike ride Friday ~30-38 miles depends on how things go Wednesday. - Rode 32 miles and no flats this time! Yay!
- tbd Saturday (If I was smart, I'd plan to swim!) - Ended up meeting one of my running friends for a 5 mile run. Still no swimming, so I guess that means that I'm not smart!
- Bike ride Sunday ~30+ miles hopefully - TBD. I'm writing this early in the morning, but at this point we are still planning to go out. [updated: We went out this morning for 34.6 miles on bike. Yay!]
In summary, I'd say, so far so good! Also, it's worth noting that I've ridden my bike nearly as much this week so far as I did all of June. [updated: Adding in today's ride, I've surpassed June's bike total in the first 8 days of July.]
Looks good to me! I need to get on my bike more...its hard fitting it all in.ReplyDelete
Yay for no flats and more riding!ReplyDelete
That is really impressive - you killed it!!! Good job!ReplyDelete
Nice job on the bike miles!ReplyDelete
Looks like success to me!ReplyDelete
WOW on the July bike mileage!ReplyDelete
glad all the workouts went pretty well! i'm sure the 10% rule doesn't apply to biking ;)ReplyDelete