Received the Splash & Dash results in my email. A few observations.
- My swim was solidly middle of the pack. Woot!
- My run and overall finish was back of the pack. Third from last, to be exact.
- Most of the participants were under 30.
- Only one person older than me showed up.
- I believe that it would be understandable if this makes me feel old and slow.
- But it doesn't.
- I feel alive and happy!
I've been thinking that it might be time to modify the theme of my blog. I find myself relating more to the words of Jon Blais than to the story of the Tortoise and the Hare. That's not to say that I don't relate to the tortoise at all, but I'm finding that my focus is less about getting to the finish line and more about enjoying the life that I've been given.
"Live more than your neighbors. Unleash yourself upon the world and go places. Go now. Giggle, no, laugh. No...stay out past dark and bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are. Understand that this is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. Your life. Face your fears and live your dreams. Take it all in. Yes, every chance you get. Come close. And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film." - Jon Blais
Hill repeats tonight, if we don't get rained out again. I can't wait!