aka What I learned during the Sexy Six Pack Challenge
* The Yoga DVDs that I am doing do include abs work, but it's not sufficient if you want to target ab strength.
* I still don't like planks (as in I despise them).
* I've been doing crunches for awhile and I don't think they are all that effective either.
* Trainer Guy showed me 3 new Abs exercises recently. Those are the ones that I think are making an impact. He has me doing rope crunches, slow ab curls, and something I dont know the name of (you get on all fours, exhale, suck in your abs and arch up your back - and repeat - it's harder than it sounds!)
As for my strength test.
* I started able to do 20sec plank. The goal is 3 sets of at least 60 secs. I really don't like doing these, so it is unlikely that I'll ever really make progress here. The only way I can get myself to do exercises is by having fun with it and I simply don't find these fun. I don't even want to put in the effort to see where I'm at. Sorry! [UPDATE: I decided to do one plank and made it to 50sec]
* I started able to do 0 slow ab curls unassisted and barely 3 sets of 5 with assistance. The goal is 3 sets of 15 unassisted. I ended able to do 0 unassisted and 3 sets of 10 with assistance. I have a long way to go! But I like these, so I think I'm going to get there eventually. :-)
* I'll still do the yoga, but not because of abs.
* I will continue the exercises Trainer Guy gave me and hope to see additional strength progress in another month.
* Have I mentioned that I don't like planks?