- I don't know what I dislike more, running in the hot sun or running solo. Yesterday my run ended up being both. Double Ick! If most of my runs were like that, I'd probably give it up in favor of some other exercise.
- Packet pickup for Saturday's Tour de Cure ride is this evening from 5-8. Not exactly convenient...
- I still have no idea when or where packet pickup is for the 8K that I'm running on Sunday. That's not good.
- I joined an 8 week 10,000 steps challenge at work. The idea is to be part of a team and do a bunch of walking (hence the steps) for wellness. But they allow you to convert minutes doing other significant things (biking, running, etc) to estimated steps as well. So now I'm converting my running/walking/biking mileage to minutes so that I can convert to steps to enter daily on a site that is tracking them for this challenge. The kicker...at the end, they normalize this all back to miles to help people internalize the significance of the steps! In any event, it's good motivation for me to kick it up a notch for the next 8 weeks. Accountability is a good thing.
- There's a guy that we regularly see on the bike trail that we ride that is out there riding with one leg (he doesn't have the other leg). Every time I see him I feel like a slacker. It's definitely motivation though. If he can be out there with one leg, surely I can be out there with a bum knee.
- I've run enough in my Saucony Kinvara 4s to say with confidence that I like them. I think I may get another pair in another color. Because, you know, you can never have too many pairs of running shoes. Or something like that.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Mid Week Miscellany aka Bullet List Brain Dump
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you that running in the hot sun sucks! Running alone, I quite like!ReplyDelete
I love to run along (even if that makes me weird). But ya sometimes running in the hot sun, can be draining! Good luck on your race this weekend!ReplyDelete
that is absolutely true about the shoes, you are so wise :)ReplyDelete
There's a bloke I used to see on the rail trail who rides a recumbent bike, and has no legs - talk about a kick up the backside when you're feeling a bit sooky!