Monday, December 14, 2009

Coming up for air

I'm still alive and kicking. Just really busy right now.

* Stuck on Week 4 Day 1 pushups. Just can't seem to break through past that point of the program. Although, I figure being stuck at doing 63 pushups over 5 sets is nothing to be too upset about.
* Had to travel on business this past week and it really threw my schedule off in many ways. Did manage to eek out 1.5 miles on the treadmill and some strength work in the fitness center at the hotel on Thursday.
* Slow progress on Christmas shopping this year. Ditto on Christmas cards. Perhaps this will finally be the year that we truly scale back on the madness. That would be just fine with me.
* Did absolutely NOTHING resembling exercise over the weekend. I think I've mastered laziness at its finest.
* Slow progress on the backyard renovations this week - the weather just wasn't cooperating. Hopefully things will speed up this week.

18 comments:

  1. i am so far behind.... kelley asked me to graphic up the christmas cards so she could print and email a few and i have been putting it off for a week. baaaaaahhhhhhh......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the queen of laziness. I bought almost nothing for anyone this year aside from my son. My cards are done, but are sitting awaiting stamps on the dining room table. Let's see if they make it to the mailbox.

    I am hopelessly lost to the push up challenge. Did I mention being the queen of laziness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely a busy time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is hard to fit it all in! I think Christmas cards are falling off my list this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep breathing! December is just crazy...

    I am seriously impressed by your push ups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. December can be just a rush. I'm guessing all your running arounds counts as cross-training.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all feel behind this time of year. Good luck catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dont worry, I had 3 seperate workouts on Saturday, you can have one of them and toss it in your workout journal if you like

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have my complete sympathy on this pushup crap, I mean stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I stalled out on week 4 when I did the challenge more than a year ago. At least you're diligently pushing through; I just gave up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey at least you got that far and are still trying. I've not left week one yet.

    Good luck getting everything done.

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep breathing and push uping. Soon January will be here!!!

    If it makes you feel any better, I am stuck on week 4 day 3 FOREVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the reminder that I have LOTS of Xmas shopping to do! So do I! I'm going to need to repeat last week of pushups, i kinda fell off the bandwagon. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm right with you on the shopping. I purchased something on line today. I think that was my first holiday purchase so far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. busy girl ! take time to breathe :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's the time of year when things go that way. Just make it through!

    I've been stuck in week 3 for, um, far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We should just rename December to "Busy, Lazy & Tired".

    ReplyDelete
  18. You worked hard all year. I think there's nothing wrong with being lazy now and then. Oh, and you still haven't managed to be as lazy as me ... :-)

    ReplyDelete