Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Commute to work - Planning

Check this out - perfect conditions for testing out the commute by bike to work option

For the next two days:
I have meetings that are on the closest side of our work campus to my house (plus!) that start 30mins later than most of my work meetings (plus!) with a bike rack right next to the door (plus!) .

Normally:
I have an extra mile to travel, a longer walk from bike racks, and an earlier start time.

Also the weather forecast for tomorrow says high of 7odeg, and I expect it to be about 48 when I head out to the office.

My plan is to leave 45mins before I need to be there, take 20-25mins (hopefully) to arrive, leaving 20-25 to park bike, change, etc. I think that is sufficient time with some slack since this is a new thing for me. I'm carrying laptop, cord, change of clothes, shoes, etc in a back pack.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm excited!!

Oh, also, Son arrive safely yesterday afteroon (YAY!!) and had a good time on his trip. I'm so glad to have him back home. :)

6 comments:

  1. You're off and -- biking! Doesn't it feel good to kill two birds with one stone (so to speak)? Plus it's environmentally smart. Win-win-win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at the commuting money you will save.. Now you got me motivatied to commute to work again..

    Be safe out there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful plan! Good luck with it. I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your commute! But be careful (from one who knows!). And it should be a good way to get some extra miles in on the bike without feeling like you are training.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, there are a lot of logistics to plan regarding the commute. It's sort of a pain. You have a good plan though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI- I survived commute day 1 and generally consider it a success. I'll post my experiences and tweaks in plans at a later time. I'm commuting again tomorrow. I definately have a new appreciation for the 'be careful' sentiments though....

    ReplyDelete