Sunday, September 24, 2006

Today has been one of those days when I'm feeling not so good about myself. I decided it would be beneficial to look back at my progress this calendar year.

2006 Races
Sweetheart run - 5K team entry - 33:00.4 (my first chip-timed 5K)
Run for the zoo - 5K individual - 32:49.0
Cherry Garcia - 5K - 30:20.0
Soccoro Chile Harvest Sprint Triathlon - 01:37:01.8 (my first Sprint Triathlon)
Chips-n-Salsa 5K - 28:49.6

Other Accomplishments
bought road bike
learned to swim <- this is a biggie!!

I really should feel good about my progress running & swimming and for completing my first Sprint Triathlon, but for some reason I am still in a funk. I still feel like an athete-wannabe; I think it is because I've gotten nowhere fast with regard to my cycling ability. Guess I need to work on that next...

Anyway, here is a little motivation for the day:

Don't Quit.

Don't quit when the tide is lowest,
For it's just about to turn;
Don't Quit over doubts and questions,
For there's something you may learn.
Don't quit when the night is darkest,
For it's just a while 'til dawn;
Don't quit when you've run the farthest,
For the race is almost won.
Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
For your goal is almost nigh;
Don't quit, for you're not a failure
Until you fail to try.

~ Author unknown~

No comments:

Post a Comment