Happy New Year everyone!! We started ours off with a trip to the gym while the kids were sleeping over at friends houses. Might go for a run later, we'll see.
This is the year of good health and fun and that's what is reflected in my race planning.
I'm confident that my knee can handle 5K and 10K distances, so that's what I'm eyeing this year. Plus a few sprint triathlons and a couple cycle events. I'm still wanting to add in a few trail races when I find out more about what my options are.
Of course, it's all subject to change, but at this point I'm ready to let the games begin!!
- Up&Running 5K Goal: Have fun!
- Sweetheart Run 5K Goal: Baseline performance
- maybe Spring Fling Tri (5k run/30k bike/400yd swim) but I don't like reverse tri's and it's Easter weekend.
- Johnny Rocket 10K Goal: Baseline performance
- Run for the Zoo 10K Goal: 10K PR!
- maybe Cherry Garcia 10K it's an evening race, not my favorite
- Albuquerque Century Goal: finish 100K or 100 mile ride
- Women's Distance Festival 5K Goal: PR!
- Socorro Sprint Tri (400m swim/12.5 mi bike/5K run) Goal: Have fun!
- Nike Human Race 10K Goal: Have fun!
- Chips&Salsa 10K Goal: PR
- Patriot Tri (400yd swim/30K bike/5K run) Goal: PR!
- maybe Chase the Balloons 100K ride
- maybe Duke City Half Marathon, knee permitting
- maybe Hobbler Gobbler 5K depends on whether or not we stay in town for Thanksgiving
- Jingle Bell 5K - Goal: Have fun!