Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tentative 2009 Race Schedule

Happy New Year everyone!! We started ours off with a trip to the gym while the kids were sleeping over at friends houses. Might go for a run later, we'll see.

This is the year of good health and fun and that's what is reflected in my race planning.

I'm confident that my knee can handle 5K and 10K distances, so that's what I'm eyeing this year. Plus a few sprint triathlons and a couple cycle events. I'm still wanting to add in a few trail races when I find out more about what my options are.

Of course, it's all subject to change, but at this point I'm ready to let the games begin!!

JAN
- Up&Running 5K Goal: Have fun!
FEB
- Sweetheart Run 5K Goal: Baseline performance
MAR
- tbd

APR
- maybe Spring Fling Tri (5k run/30k bike/400yd swim) but I don't like reverse tri's and it's Easter weekend.
- Johnny Rocket 10K Goal: Baseline performance
MAY
- Run for the Zoo 10K Goal: 10K PR!
JUN
- maybe Cherry Garcia 10K it's an evening race, not my favorite
- Albuquerque Century Goal: finish 100K or 100 mile ride

JUL
- Women's Distance Festival 5K Goal: PR!
AUG
- Socorro Sprint Tri (400m swim/12.5 mi bike/5K run) Goal: Have fun!
- Nike Human Race 10K Goal: Have fun!
SEP
- Chips&Salsa 10K Goal: PR
- Patriot Tri (400yd swim/30K bike/5K run) Goal: PR!

OCT
- maybe Chase the Balloons 100K ride
- maybe Duke City Half Marathon, knee permitting
NOV
- maybe Hobbler Gobbler 5K depends on whether or not we stay in town for Thanksgiving
DEC
- Jingle Bell 5K - Goal: Have fun!

23 comments:

  1. Looks like a great schedule! I smell a serious amount of FUN this season! Really, that is what this is all about.

    Here's to healthy, fun filled 2009! I can't wait to see it unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great 2009 you have planned. Look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that looks like my planning..sort of iffy and really more to be selected as everything gets closer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a solid schedule with a good mix of fun races, base races and shoot for the stars races.

    Cant wait to follow your progress in 2009

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like great races! Good luck with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good plans!! Exciting! May you have a great 2009!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really fun season. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish my gym was open today... it's bitter out and the treadmill would have been appealing. Way to start your year off on the rigth foot.

    Looks like a great plan for '09. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a busy and fun season! here's to hoping for an injury-free 2009! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to everybody's 2009 races reports. People are doing some awesome things. I find reading all the blogs very inspiring and helps feed my crave. Run on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great plan. Looks really good, GQ. I have enjoyed reading your blog this past year and wish you all the best in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great plan and I love your 2008 summary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year to you! It sounds like you're looking ahead with some great goals! Good luck on achieving your PRs! I'm pretty sure you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year. It looks like you have a great, solid schedule for 2009.

    I will be looking forward to reading about your upcoming year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your races schedule looks great. It sounds like you are going in with the right attitude to have fun.

    Cheers to 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you have got lots going on girlie!!!

    Your going to do amazing things this year!!!

    Stay healthy and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks liek a great 09 planned!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a fun schedule! Have an awesome, injury free 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope your 2009 racing year is fantastic :)

    Happy New Year!

    Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that race schedule! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What and exciting year that you have ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice mix of running and cycling. Should keep the year fun!

    ReplyDelete