Thursday, November 6, 2014

30-Day Ab Challenge

Boy am I in trouble.  I decided to go for a 30-day Ab Challenge that I stumbled across, but my abs are so weak that even day 1 was a challenge


Day 1 starts with 15 sit-ups.  Well, it turns out that I can't even to a single sit-up without tucking my toes under the sofa.  Yeah, not a good sign.  But in the spirit of starting where I am, that's what I did.

I would also like to add that 10s plank seemed like eternity.  But at least I could do that part properly.

So we'll see how this goes.  I figure that if I get stuck, I can always repeat a day.  What's more important than following the plan is strengthening my abs, right?  And it's pretty clear from day 1 that my abs could use some strengthening!

What are you doing these days to improve your fitness? Trying anything new?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that program looks tough! Keep us posted on how you do!
    I finished a 12-week fitness program in September and have been kind of at loose ends since then, so I took five of my favorite workouts from that and will use them for my gym days (I go three days a week) between now and the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea to keep momentum through the holidays!

      Delete
  2. Posting to my page for another day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how long it will take me to get through this. I might still be working on it whenever you start! hahah

      Delete
  3. I'm doing a 30 day plank challenge this month. Let me just say...OW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. Owie my abs just thinking about it!

      Delete
  4. I've just started back on the core workouts - ow ow ow! Also some free weights at home. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do situps and some upper body work 4 times per week.It really helps me with the longer runs and even more for trail running.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will have abs of steel in 30 days time!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew, that sounds tough! How's it going so far?

    ReplyDelete