Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Evening at the Track

As I mentioned in a previous post, I never used to like track workouts, but they are growing on me this year.  Went back last night and had a pretty good workout.

Started with a warm up of about 1.3 miles, then went into 400s with 200 walk in between.  Holy Buckets, that was tough!  I didn't really know how fast I was running until looking at the data afterwards.

Looks like the best one was at a 7:20 pace and the slowest was 8:30 pace, averaging somewhere around 8:00 min/mi.  For me that's pretty darn fast, a pace I cannot maintain much past a quarter mile. It's probably good that I didn't look at my Garmin while I was running, I probably would have pysched myself out.

BTW, those shorts I posted about last time are awesome.  I actually found some in other colors on clearance online.  Just waiting for them to arrive. Score!


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Fantastic track work! I suspect you are capable of much more than you realize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workout, well done! Lots of respect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, but let's try and be consistent on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you on the speedy running! I've been doing some speedwork on the track, too. It's hard, but I think it's good for us, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to LOVE track workouts! They were my favorite! Running that fast is such a rush. :) And yes, it hurts, but the pain is temporary and fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome track workout! Good job! I have a love-hate relationship with track. I hate it during the training, but love to see the pace afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete