Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Whimsy

Well, my wiw2wtw post was better received than I expected. Whew!  I think I may do this again next week.  Remember, it helps me know which outfits look better than others and it gives me something to blog about while I remain benched.  Thanks for bearing with me as I attempt to be more of a fashionista at work.

Speaking of which, my running group met Saturday morning for the first time this season.  I stopped by to drop off my paperwork and say "hi" to the group.  I've been fairly patient with this running hiatus up 'til now, but seeing them all decked out in running clothes ready to start the season without me was difficult.  I'm hoping to join them this weekend or next.  Fingers crossed that my knee will cooperate.

Feeling defeated, I went straight from the running group meeting spot to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients for "death by oreo" cupcakes (which are quite possibly the most fantastic cupcakes ever).  Perhaps my habit of compensating for lack of running by drowning my misery in cookies and cupcakes has something to do with the extra weight I've managed to "find" over the past few months.  Ya' think?

This afternoon it is supposed to be 52, sunny, and most importantly, no wind.  *Fingers crossed* that today I finally get out on my bike.  This cupcake-induced belly flab has got to go!!

6 comments:

  1. I hope the knee lets you get back to running with your group soon! Those cupcakes sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so tough to see your group run without out. Sending you tons of healing thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so ready for a little more sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be back soon and stronger than ever! Fueled by cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must learn more of this "death by oreo".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you can join the running group real soon. Those cupcakes sound like something I would use for carbo loading.

    ReplyDelete