Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three Things Thursday

All is going well with my self portrait project. Three observations so far: 1) Every one of my photos taken at home has my dogs in it; I think that's funny. 2) While I haven't blogged much about my weight loss this summer, I can see it in the photos and that makes me happy. 3) I have a lot of athletic wear, but of course I knew that when I started the endeavor. Hahahahaha.

It rained yesterday and last night. This is always big news in the desert; we always need the rain. I hope it doesn't keep raining though, or my race on Sunday will be a muddy mess. The entire race is on a dirt surface.

I'm 80% sure that I'm going to buy myself a hula hoop and/or a jump rope. Sounds like a fun way to cross train. Did some research to find a GOOD hula hoop and a GOOD jump rope. Now I'm trying to decide which I'd rather have first or if I should just bite the bullet and get them both at the same time. Probably ordering from amazon.com, so shipping cost is factoring into my decision. [Edited to add: Received a couple small awards at work that cover the cost of the hula hoop exactly, so went ahead and ordered one. Now I begin the phase of obsessive package tracking. LOL]

14 comments:

  1. happy Thursday. make sure we get a picture of you hula hooping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so get the hula hoop!! I love doing that on my Wii. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Satanic coach makes us skip. It hurts...I complain.
    I cannot even imagine what I would look like using a hula hoop...hysterical comes to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see a sampling of your workout outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love jump rope! I haven't hula hooped since I was a girl...wow. I wasn't very good then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your post about the hula hoop/jump rope on FB. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for visible weight loss! I'm such a package tracker too - it's a compulsion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife is teaching a course in this as one of the modalities of Massage Therapy - I think it's nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun with the hula hoop! What a fun way to spice things up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A friend of mine does tons of hula hopping as cross training, and she's so good at it, she can stand, hoop, and read a book while she's hooping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't hula hoop for nothing!
    Thanks for your advice. I am going to try at least a 10. My ankles have been a little funny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hula Hoop? That is awesome!

    I have way too many athletic clothes too. I just put together a new piece of IKEA furniture to house all of it.

    ReplyDelete