Saturday, October 10, 2009

Feeling Good

Husband & I ran 7 miles in 77 minutes on the trail this morning. What kind of pace is that? It's faster than my prescribed easy pace. It's slower than my tempo pace. Maybe it's steady state?

Whatever it was, I felt good the whole way. I believe that I'm ready for the half next weekend. Speaking of which, here are a few things that I think have helped me get to this point:

* Saucony shoes with SofSole inserts - These are the shoes that I picked out after winning an onlineshoes.com gift certificate and I already had the sofsoles, they just didn't fit correctly in my other shoes. This combination seems to be a winner for me. I plan to replicate the setup in a second pair of shoes.

* 7-8 lbs less weight to carry around - Sure, I was hoping to be down a full 11 lbs, but 7-8 isn't too bad. It makes a difference in how my clothes fit, it makes a difference in my self-image, and I think it's making a physical difference with my running.

* Stretching and Strengthening - I learned with my knee injury last year how important it is for me to pay attention to this aspect of my training. I've been keeping up with it and I'm running without pain this time around. That's a very good thing.

Next post will include my goals for the race. Meanwhile, good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Countdown to the half :)

    I'm loving my sofsoles also. I need to get a new pair before November.

    Woohoo on the strong run & weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're in a fantastic place for the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Keep it up! Glad you're taking good care of your body. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work to keep up with the stretching, too. Good luck next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on the 7 miler! I think you're in a great place going into this race next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those 7s! Sounds like some good numbers!

    Your training is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'll be thinking of you next weekend during my next half!! :) You are much better prepared than i. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7-8 lbs is amazing and definitely makes a difference. Awesome job!

    Great run, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you will BLITZ that half! I hope you do get to see some balloons, I love balloons, such happy things somehow! That's good news about Son, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your long run place should be a little bit faster than our easy pace, but still include the easy pace in the range, I think. Nice run!! Did you cut the sof soles to match your original shoe liner? I like my sof soles!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can say for a fact that wearing a Camelbak that weighs 6-7# full makes a BIG difference to me. I'm sure the 7-8# lost will be a boon for your running both mentally & physically -- CONGRATS on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete