Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Bike Ride

Got to spend this morning with my favorite riding partner. What a great way to enjoy a day off work.

But before I get too far ahead of myself, guess who had to deal with a flat front tire before even leaving the house?! You guessed it. The flat saga continues. This time the front of my LeMond.

I replaced the tube and would have been happier to replace the tire as well, but I don't have any more on hand. I'm thinking about making a trip over to Performance this afternoon so that I can get a fresh tire on front before the race next weekend.

It was a beautiful day and we rode from our house to the Bosque trail and down to a nice shady rest spot. Had a snack, then turned around and rode back home.


Bike computer says it was 27.6 miles round trip. Add that to the 15.5 on Friday and I've already ridden more in the first week of September than I did in the entire month of August.

Sure, it's probably too little too late, but still a confidence booster for the Patriot which is now 6 days away (Eeek!)

Happy Labor Day!!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great ride to me. You will be ready for the Patriot this coming weekend!

    Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 days... EEEKK!! YOu will be great! Bummer about the flat..I often feel like I have a flat when I run, course there is no way to change that.. HEHEHE..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great holiday for a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will definitely be ready! Those are pretty long rides :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and me kid, different race, same issues. good luck last week of training!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember your post about people being crazy if they think you'll be fine in the upcoming tri. So, maybe I'm crazy, I think you'll be fine. I went 11 MONTHS without a ride and didn't set my butt on the seat until my tri and it turned out quite well. I hope yours does, too.

    And yeay for good riding partners. Sounds like the running's going well, too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You with the bike is like me with the OWS. I bet we'll both rock our events. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice! I had a great weekend on the bike too. it's a fun thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the ride! Definitely sounds like a good way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you got a mini-confidence boost. You are going to do great. Hope you had a nice rest of the day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I need a smiley riding partner like that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice way to kick off the month! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hubby & I take pictures like that too! It's a fun tradition, sometimes it's all off & you just get a piece of our heads etc. Fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got bad flat-karma at the moment! But you'll kick behind at the tri on the weekend, I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. With your luck, definitely get a new front tire ASAP, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, I'm late chiming in, but great to hear you got some miles in on your bike. Cute photo of you two!

    ReplyDelete