Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday Tidbits

Feeling better. Still a bit under the weather, but I think the rest has been good for me.

While I haven't been running, I have been analyzing my running. Decided to look at the elevation profile for my usual route. Aha!! It's downhill from my house to the ditch bank and uphill on the way home.

There you have it. My new excuse for I head out too fast and end up sucking air on the way back in. Gravity.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I also got tired of looking at my poor pitiful bike with the flat tire. Moved it out in the garage so I wouldn't have to look at it. Ha!

Quickly decided that wasn't such a good plan and brought it back in the house. D'oh!

This morning I flipped it upside down and realized that the rear tire tread is really worn. Seems that replacing both the tube and the tire is in order. Haven't done it yet, but everything (pump, tube, tire) is in the house waiting for me to take action.

Haven't been doing much more than sleeping, so that's all I've got for now. Enjoy your day, folks!

14 comments:

  1. Sleeping sounds so good to me right now. Enjoy it while you can, cause once you are all better it's balls to the wall! (Can I say balls in the comments?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're on the mend... and at least it looks like you've figured out the culprit for all those flats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds reasonable to me! Glad you's feelin betta!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, no wonder it's tough on the way back! Hello uphill!

    Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get your rest and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sleep sounds sooooo good. I can't remember the last time I actually slept through the entire night (she says wistfully).

    Glad you are on the mend. I'm headed out for a bike ride and I always envision going to grab my bike only to find it has a flat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always end up finishing my runs uphill, too !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am TOTALLY using the Gravity excuse from now on...good one..

    Feel better. Giveaway on the old blogger today if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the rest is helping!

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hoping that will change soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you think the tire fairies will come and fix your tire?

    It sounds like you needed the rest, anyway. I'm glad it's doing some good. :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even on the flattest paths, gravity is NOT my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. whew you totally gotta find a new path!! Get in those uphills early and then feel like superwoman flying home at the end

    ReplyDelete