- FOOT: I cancelled my podiatry appt and they were supposed to call to reschedule, but I haven't heard from them. I think I'm just going to skip that. Too much going on at once and that just doesn't seem important enough. My foot is healing. I've had two people comment that they noticed that I'm walking without limping. That's progress!!!!! And it's mostly because it doesn't really hurt right now. YAY!
- MOUTH: I survived the bone graft procedure yesterday afternoon. Whew! So glad that's over. It was a brilliant move to schedule this before a long weekend. I can already tell that my recovery from this one will be much easier/faster than the last surgery. I have been able to manage during the day today with ibuprofen vs. prescription pain meds (but I expect to need the heavy duty stuff for night again) and I'm much more functional today than I was the day after last time. I just need to give this time to heal...and then the final step...and this whole ordeal will be over in 6-8 weeks, I think.
- DEALING WITH CHANGE: It strikes me that more has been changing in my life all at once than I'm able to comfortably process. My mom died in Jan. My running came to a sudden end a few weeks ago when I fractured and/or sprained my foot. My son graduated from college last weekend. And I've been told that my job is about to change significantly at work. It's all been out of my control and quite honestly that's not a situation that I like to be in. I told husband the other day that "I don't know what to do" because my leaning is to "do something" to try to regain a sense of normalcy. I've decided instead to try my best to be more of an objective observer and see what shakes out...
- PERSONAL YOGA CHALLENGE: I was doing so well toward my goal for the month until we left for California. I got out of the habit and didn't pick it back up when we got home. I'm recommitting to this starting tomorrow, though!
- NO RACES ON THE HORIZON: I haven't had a single race this year and there is nothing for me on the horizon. Wow. That's different! Another example of dealing with change. Anyway, I think I'm okay with this right now. But I need to figure out how to stay fit and healthy. I think strength training will be making a return to my regular routine. Maybe swimming as well. And when my foot gets better, I want to get back out on my bike.
Friday, May 23, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Change is really tough sometimes. Especially when you look back and see where you were a few years ago and how different things are. Hang in there!ReplyDelete
Yeah, you've had an enormous amount of things happen in your life at once. And a lot of them have been negative so no wonder it's hard to process them all at once. I like your strategy though. Stand back and see how it all pans out. I think I'll have to borrow that one.ReplyDelete
I like your view of change.ReplyDelete