Monday, January 28, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Sure, everyone loves their iPod and Garmin, favorite shoes, and whatnot.  But these are a few of my not so obvious favorites, that I feel are all worth mentioning.  I purposely decided to leave out clothing. For what it's worth, these are unsolicited opinions; I spent my own hard earned cash on these and just want to share my thoughts.

Weider PowerSwitch adjustable dumbbells.  I love these because they don't take up as much space as 4 separate sets of dumbbells.  Each of these can adjust from 2.5(just the bar) to 12.5lbs.  I'd actually like to get the ones adjust from 5(just the bar)-25 lbs each at some point, but for the most part, this lower weight set works okay for me for now.  



Ampiphod Hydroform lite.  Holds 12 oz and seems to fit my hand perfectly.  When I get to the point that I feel I need to carry more than 12oz, I switch to a belt.  But I honestly much prefer carrying the handheld.  Maybe I should try carrying one with larger capacity for those longer runs instead.  Oh, and they make this one with a plain black pocket too, but I think the blue print is more fun.  :-)

Strawberry-Lemonade flavored Nuun.  It happens to be my favorite flavor of Nuun and it supports a good cause.  50 cents goes to Komen foundation for each tube of the pink lemonade flavor that Nuun sells. 

What about you?  What are a few of your not-so-obvious favorite things?


13 comments:

  1. I love my tennis ball as it helps keep my piriformis problems at bay if I roll around on it on my butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those same dumbbells and they are great for circuit training.

    My favorites are my trigger point therapy kit and a lacrosse ball to keep all my tight muscles from getting too tight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my running sunnies. They are a sort of red/orange reflective colour and the arms are blue. They look COOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. D loves those bottles too.
    I really like Body Glide, and Clif Shot Blocks...Margarita. They don't taste like margarita, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I have 3 sets of dumbbells I use 4 times per week. Not fancy like yours but they work!:) We battle to get Nuun here. If we do it is very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are those dumbells easy to adjust? I assume so if you love them right? I've only had Nuun at expos. My bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberry lemonade Nuun?!?!? Thank you for introducing me to this! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, I am all about my 10oz handheld, I can't deal with the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely going to look into those adjustable dumb bells. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a pair of adjustable dumbells, I love them

    ReplyDelete
  11. My foam roller and I are becoming quite close!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also have the Amphipod 12 oz and 20 ounce, but I get more use out of the 12 oz AND also love the Nuun!

    Thanks so much for your comments on my blog!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For my long runs, I love my Nathans's vest. It holds 72 oz but also has 2 large pockets in the front. Life saver!

    ReplyDelete