* I alternate between two pairs of running shoes. The past several runs in my blue shoes (which are older) have resulted in icky blisters on my left front toe. I think they are breaking down and my foot is sliding forward. It's not happening in my orange pair (newer). Retired the blue ones and adding a brand new pair of red ones into rotation. Swapped out the inserts from blue to red, but maybe that's not a good idea. I think I should buy new inserts when I find time.
* Son's provisional license turned one year old on Saturday. Took him to the DMV yesterday to obtain his unrestricted license. He's a happy boy. Me, not so much. Why? Because he's grown up too fast. Seriously - where does the time go?!?
* Think I've finally decided on what car to purchase. There is one and only one in the state of New Mexico at this time. And it's really not optioned the way I want. Told them I'd be willing to put a down payment on it if they get the price to the figure I have in mind otherwise I'm in no hurry to pay too much for a car that's not optioned the way that I want. Will hear back today. I expect it will be too high. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
* Went to the gym yesterday for upper body. Trainer has kicked it up a notch in the past few week on my upper body work and it leaves me sore every time! But sore in a good way...
* Our travel plans and related arrangements (kids, pets, etc) are finally coming together wrt the trip to see my Father this weekend. Not looking forward to this, but I'm doing okay.
* On a whim, checked online and found at least *two* of the vehicles that I'm interested in at a dealership in Louisville - optioned as desired and in the right price range. Seriously considering the feasibility of purchasing out of state if I can figure out how to get it back home.
* As much as I love running skirts, I bought a pair of running shorts (nike something or other) at Marshalls a few months ago and they are now my favorite of all things to run in. Need to figure out what they are so I can get another pair...
* Daughter woke up sick. Stuffy head, pink eyes, sore throat, head ache, coughing, didn't sleep well. Normally I'd make her go to school (I'm pretty sure it's just a cold) but with all the brew-ha-ha about swine flu, I'm keeping her home. Don't want the village to come after me with pitch forks for sending sick kid to school.
* Running group tonight. Yippeeeeee!!
I know people alternate between two or more pairs of running shoes but I've never done that. Do you track your mileage in each pair? (I think that would be hard for me to keep in my head!) Good luck with the car stuff (both on the unrestricted boy front and the new purchase).ReplyDelete
Oh, yes. Every time I even clear my throat people give me a dirty look. Good choice to keep daughter home-- hope she feels better soon! Have fun at running group tonight.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
Good luck with the ongoing car search... hope you find what you want for the right price.ReplyDelete
Have fun at run club!
You've reminded me that I need to get another pair of insoles for my alternate running shoes... Yep... Blisters!ReplyDelete
I hope your daughter is feeling better soon.
I've never gone between two pair of shoes, lots of people do. I always seem to run one pair ragged and then get a new pair.ReplyDelete
Gotta love the perfect pair of running shorts. :) Good luck with that ongoing search for a new car. Have a great run with the group tonight!ReplyDelete
You sound busy busy!ReplyDelete
We got a new used car about a week ago and it was horrifying. I'm so envious of you knowing what you want in a car and sticking up for it. Show those salesmen who's boss!
Can you believe in all my running years I've never had more than 1 pair of shoes at a time?? Probably because I either could never afford 2 or now I don't feel I need 2. On the other hand, I do have about 6 pair of work shoes. Go figure! Cars are such a pain. Good luck in your search. I can't bring myself to be distracted with that chore right now.ReplyDelete
LOL about the village coming after you with pitchforks. I do hope your daughter feels better soon.ReplyDelete
Have fun with your running group!
I got three pairs of running shoes, but I mostly use my Zoots for short tris... It's too late now to hold the kiddos back. Shove'em out the door and party! :-)ReplyDelete
I have three pairs currently in rotation, although one should fall out soon.ReplyDelete
Can't wait to hear how the car thing works out.
Hope daughter feels better soon. Jones went to school most of last week with a cold... So far I've seen no pitchforks. ;o)
Are they the Nike Tempo shorts? I know a lot of runners that swear by those !ReplyDelete
You have a lot going on! Hope your daughter feels better soon :)ReplyDelete
good luck with the car, and kiddo driving !LOL I'm not looking forward to that day either, but thankfully I still have 5+ years :)ReplyDelete
Get well soon daughter! and good luck with the car! I will be thinking of you on the weeknd ((hugs))ReplyDelete
Wanted to say Hi, haven't done that in a while!ReplyDelete
Yikes sorry about your daughter!!ReplyDelete
Enjoy! How was your group run!!!
Catching up on some of your recent posts... congrats on a great 5K...your training regimen is giving me great ideas to bump mine up...I hear you on the "kids growing up too fast" front!...hope your daughter feels well soon...what kind of car are you getting? I'm searching too!... and most of all, my best wishes for your visit to your dad - I can tell there's a lot of stuff there to deal with and I hope your visit goes how you want it to and that you feel peaceful about it all!ReplyDelete
People are going bonkers w/the swine flu -- I wouldn't be surprised if you sent your daughter and the pitch fork peeps came after you! Crazy.ReplyDelete
Good luck with the trip. I hope things goes as well as possible.
Oooooo man good luck with the son. I dread that day. Seriously I will be a head case when the kids are able to drive *sigh*ReplyDelete
Congratulations on the driver's license... Does that mean he can run errands for you?ReplyDelete
We keep liking Saturns.. even though GM has the company up for sale.
Hope you don't have "the flu" at your house!
wow, you've been busy!!ReplyDelete
Have a wonderful weekend!
Good luck on your run tonight!ReplyDelete
My co=worker that already hates me shot me so many dirty looks last week during my cold. It's just a cold lady, trust me. I've googled!!ReplyDelete
I read this on my phone and it reminded me to get my butt to the running store and replace my shoes that have been torturing me for the last month. I am usually hyper-vigilant about changing them. Thank you for the reminder!ReplyDelete
Glad to hear you are doing well.! I have been thinking about you a lot lately! All good, no worries! :O)
It's so hard to swap out an old pair of running shoes, it's like giving up on an old friend, except when they start to hurt you. Then it becomes easy.ReplyDelete
I also always use 2 pairs of shoes in rotation. They're never the same brand so I always have a 'favorite pair' until I find try another one. I'm very jealous of people who know what model and size fits them best.ReplyDelete
I'm back in running skirts. I got an Adidas one and the shorts underneath are not creeping up... it's hard to find one when you have chub rub!! I don't know how you girls do it in (not tight) shorts!
I hope you have a good visit with your Dad this week-end....
Great strategy on your car negotiation. That's definitely true these days - can't hurt to ask. I might apply that model to houses we are starting to shop around for!ReplyDelete