Since my commuter bike is still in the shop, I can't commute to work. That takes out a significant opportunity for getting in some miles to prepare for the upcoming half-century.
However, there was no good reason for me not to ride my race bike to the gym this morning - I simply needed to workout in my bike clothes.
One of our cars needed to the shop today as well. Since I was already dressed in my bike clothes when I got home from the gym, the perfect plan was to shove the bike in the back, drop off the car, and cycle back home. No need to arrange a ride!
Granted, it's not the perfect training scenario, but with a little creativity I found a way to get 15 miles in the saddle this morning, including one challenging climb.
On top of that, I had a solid lower body workout with the Trainer today.
Not bad, eh?
Workouts this week:
* Monday morning - upper body strength
* Tuesday morning -Yoga
* Tuesday evening - Run drills with group.
* Wednesday - unplanned rest - bike commute NO-GO due to rear wheel
* Thursday - Tempo run with group
* Friday - Bike to gym, Lower body strength with Trainer, Bike to home, Car to shop, Bike to home - Booyah!