1) FEELING BETTER: I'm back among the living! I felt pretty miserable for 48 hours and then started getting better. I even went for a short run yesterday. It was a chilly 21 with a "feels like 13" with wind. I only have 5 more potential run opportunities until I begin the Euflexxa injections, so I was anxious to get out for the run. None of my run buddies wanted to brave the weather (weather wimps!), so I was resigned to run solo.
2) DASUQUIN FOR DOGS: Our oldest dog, Bandit, has acquired a bit of a limp. It seems to be worse in the morning. I suspect he is suffering from arthritis, so I went ahead and ordered Dasuquin chews with MSM for large dogs. It's essentially a glucosamine supplement for dogs. We give the cat version to our older cat and it really puts a bit of spring in his step. The dog version came in tablets or chews. I figured the chews would be less of a struggle, and they are. He loves them. I'm hoping to see an improvement in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!
3) PHOTO A DAY: I'll be joining a 365 project again at the beginning of January. It requires taking a photo a day and posting to a group site on flickr. Part of the fun is seeing what others have photographed and shared. I found it to be a great way to chronicle my year last that I did it. If any of you want to join along, let me know!!
5) LAPTOP WOES: I'm in the market for a new laptop. My current laptop screen is broken. I can only use it when attached to an external monitor. That's been working out okay for me for the most part, I usually use a tablet for most things and don't mind sitting at the desk when I use the laptop. However, with school starting for me next month, it seems I need a replacement. There are so many choices right now that it seems overwhelming.
6) BRRR!: It's blustery and cold outside this morning and it looks like the cold weather is affecting almost everyone. Stay warm!
7) WINTER SMOOTHIES: I've gotten into the habit of making protein and frozen fruit smoothies on an almost daily basis. My favorite has a bit of a tropical flair. Does anyone have any ideas for something a bit more seasonal? I'd like to change things up, but I haven't come up with any good ideas.