Sunday, December 15, 2013

Daydream Believer

Now that I know that a half-marathon is a possibility, I'm starting to do some planning. I'm going to approach this with a 'just finish' mentality. Having said that, I'd really like it if I could do with without it being a PW which means I need to pace myself at roughly a 12 min mi. Can I do that with a run-walk-run approach? Only time will tell. But if it is a PW, but I can complete the distance and finish without pain, that really will be something to celebrate, right?  RIGHT?


So now I'm staring at the calendar trying to figure out how to make this happen. I'd really like to aim for a late April half-marathon.  The two that I am eyeing are Glass City in Toledo which I could combine with a visit with my mother and the local Albuquerque Half Marathon.  They are a week apart, so either one will work with a single training plan.

However, If I am not able to run until early Feb, I'll only have about 10 weeks to train, which may not be enough time.  I may need to start earlier, but replace the early long run-walk-runs with pure walking.

All I can do is daydream about it right now.  But I think it's good for me work it out ahead of time and have a plan ready to put in place.

3 comments:

  1. You're so right - it's good to have something to plan for to give you something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend the Albuquerque Half:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plans are good...and I like yours! You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete