1) The Cal dining crew. Even though their website is down and I haven't paid for it yet, they took my order over the phone to deliver a Birthday Care pack to my son who's away at college. Really outstanding customer service.
2) Healing. Started the day yesterday at Urgent Care. It's amazing what antibiotics, plenty of fluid, and good night's rest can do. I'm feeling better, not great, but better is a good thing.
3) My dogs. Dogs love their masters unconditionally. Every day I strive to be as good of a person as my dogs think I am. And they live in the moment. Every walk is the best walk ever. Every meal is the best meal ever. Today is the best day ever.
4) My cats. Cats are different than dogs. But by snuggling up and not saying a word, they've taught me that just being present is enough sometimes.
5) My friends and family. I'm still crazy about my husband after nearly 22 years of marriage. We have two children who are turning into amazing young people; I've very proud of both of them. I have running friends, church friends, school friends, work friends, blog friends, all of whom are pretty darn wonderful and supportive.
6) Being able to make a difference. A friend of mine from college was diagnosed with ALS 2 years ago. Early next week her battle will come to a close as she is removed from the ventilator. A fund has been set up in her honor to help families dealing with late-stage ALS to receive much needed home care. I've sat by helplessly as this terrible disease wreaked havoc in the lives of my friend and her family. Now I can do something to help others.