The rules of the tag indicate that I need to link back to the person who awarded this. Done! See up above. Then share 7 things about myself. Okay, here we go:
1) I am lacking depth perception, therefore I'm lousy at things like parking in the garage, catching a frisbee, hitting a tennis ball, etc. This means I also can't see in 3D even with the 3D glasses at a movie theater. Luckily, running works out just fine in the 2D world that I live in.
2) I've melted not one, but two tea kettles on the stove by walking away and forgetting about them. Husband bought me one that whistles so that this will never happen again.
3) I also burned up a bamboo steamer the same way. Sadly, they don't make steamers that whistle.
4) I drive a 2009 diesel VW Jetta Sportwagen and I love it. Today's diesel isn't like the diesel from 30 yrs ago. It's quiet and has low emissions. I get about 35mpg around town, better mileage on the freeway, and it has almost as much storage space as my old SUV.
5) It's easy for me to find motivation to move every day, because I can now, and there was a time when I couldn't. I experienced a few years where it was difficult to stand for long periods of times due to vericose veins caused from child-birth. Had them treated in my mid-thirties. Shortly afterwards, I experienced a full year with difficulties doing normal daily activities due to an auto-immune disorder which is currently in remission.
6) I started running, learned to swim, & bought a bike all around my 40th birthday. Over the past 5 years I've completed sprint and olympic distance triathlons, metric century bike rides, 5Ks, 10ks, & half-marathons. Trust me, if I can do this, anyone can.
7) I quit drinking alcohol entirely in early April 2010 and have honestly never felt better. You never know how strong you really are until it's the only choice you have.
Finally, I'm supposed to award 4 recently discovered great bloggers. I'm going to skip this part. Not because you're not great bloggers, you are. It's because I'd have a hard time just picking four and it always seems I'm one of the last to be tagged, so many of you have already done this.
Have a great weekend folks!