Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Musings

  • Walking is a pain in the butt. Literally. I don't really feel it anywhere else, but my glutes have been particularly fatigued since embarking on my run-walk endeavors.
  • Our neighborhood is home to not one, but two three-legged dogs. One is missing a rear leg. One is missing a front leg.
  • This weekend I bought a pair of white jeans that are too long. I knew they were too long and bought them anyway. Why? I like how they fit in the rear.
  • My elbow is feeling a lot better this morning. I'm hoping to get the green light for normal activities (from an elbow perspective) when I go back to the orthopedic next week.
  • I'm still waiting on the appointment for my knee. Not happy about the long lead time...
  • Bandit graduated from basic obedience training this weekend. He did even better than Stymie! Proof that you *can* teach an old dog new tricks.
  • One of my cherry tomato plants is out of control. I counted 15 tomatoes on it this morning and at least 75 blooms. It's crazy!
  • I planted my watermelon and cucumber hills 5 ft apart in anticipation of being overwhelmed by the vines. Instead, the plants are maybe 3" tall. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
  • I totally misjudged how long it would take to walk 4 miles Sunday morning. As a result, I missed church. Oops.
  • It's officially the first day of Summer. I hope this means that the wind will finally die down.

21 comments:

  1. I'm always surprised how much more sore I get from walking long distances than from running them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see all that walking is paying off, i.e. the white pants! LOL

    Your watermelons and cucumbers will flop once they start flowering...

    congrat's to both pups for graduating from doggie school

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel free to send the wind to Arkansas. It would make our lovely 100 degrees seem like 95! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally wish I could plant a garden! Good news on the elbow and the puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally buy pants that need shortening if they look good otherwise. Hemming is easy (says she who takes them to the tailor LOL).

    I suck at gardening. My tomatoes have no blossoms yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on the walking! We walked a lot during the City Chase and I was in more pain than after running for a couple hours.

    I hope your watermelons start to grow better!!

    And Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. having a garden sounds nice.

    good job on the walks and I hope you hear on the knee soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the elbow gets a green light too. Congrats to your dog passing!
    Take you pants to a tailor they will do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's easy to get pants tailored for length. They don't tailor better fits for the rear; smart buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh yummy cherry tomatoes!! very well done on the pants - showing off all your hard work! You can take them up easily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job on the plants and the pants. Best wishes for keeping on healing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I misread this bit "Our neighborhood is home to not one" ... as "no one" at the end!! ROFL... I thought that must be lonely... then the next bit didn't make sense!! Ha ha! Clearly my eyes have yet to open properly!!

    And well done with Bandit!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. JEans that fit good in the rear sounds like the right way to buy jeans! haha! Glad the elbow is starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa,
    Ha ha, I am all about purchasing jeans that make my ass look hot:) I would of purchased the white pants and had my mom hem them up:)

    I do not have enough room in my yard to plant a garden but the watermelon and cucumbers are two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe your watermelon and cucumbers will get larger later? Late bloomers? Ha ha. I'm having a tough time with tomatoes this year, and that's not usually the case.

    I hope you get the green light for the elbow soon!

    Congrats to Bandit! I think the harder part is training the rest of the family the commands...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup, walking takes a lot longer than running! I went for a 5 mile hike the other day, where I usually would be trail running - it took 1 hour 45 minutes vs the normal 1:10 it would take me to run it. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear about your fall. I hope the elbow is better soon. I love two legged dogs. I totally want one. (Hm, that sounds odd.) BTW, get the pants hemmed. Some places will even cut the jean and re-sew the bottom on to make it look like they did when you bought them. It's all about the rear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay about the white jeans.

    The 4 mile walk causing you to miss church made me giggle.

    Yay to Bandit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. sadly, walking sometimes makes me more tired/sore than running! lol. hope you can get the white jeans altered? glad your elbow is doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd have done the exact same thing with the white pants. Good call. :o)

    ReplyDelete