My scoot parked with the big bikes at work.
A month ago, most of the spaces were filled. I'm seeing more and more empty spaces as it's getting cooler in the mornings. It will be interesting to see who's still there in another month.
I get questions almost every time I ride it. And some puzzled looks when someone sees me walking to the scoot with three bags of groceries and a purse. Hehehehe.
* gas milease? approximately 90 mpg
* gas tank size? I think it holds 1.3 gallons max
* engine size? 125cc - requires a motorcycle endorsement
* top speed? approximately 65 mph. My commute tops out at 35 mph so it's plenty fast for me, but you'd need something with a bigger engine if you wanted to take it on the highway.
* how to get endorsement? must pass written test for 6 mo learning permit. must pass driving skills test for full endorsement. MSF class is an option that includes driving skills, but isn't required for adult riders.
* storage space? lots. I brought home 48 cans of catfood in the underseat storage the other day and had room for more. I carry a bungee net for big items plus I usually have the canvas top case attached.
* why do you wear so much protective gear? i love my family too much not to.
* what's up with the plaid seat cover? keeps it cool after sitting out in the sun all day. should be warmer in the fall as well. plus I love how it makes my scoot really stand out from the big bikes.