Thursday, August 28, 2008

This and That


Remember when I first went to see trainer guy three week ago? I've been working on my core two to three times a week since then. I've still got a ways to go, but I'm actually seeing some progress with regard to the numbers.

When I started, I could only hold plank for 20 secs. My goal is 3 sets of 90 secs, and today I can do 3 sets of 40 secs.

I also started off being able to do a whopping total of two push-ups. It took every ounce of my being to do those two push-ups. The goal is 3 sets of 20 while focussing on good form. Today my three sets consisted of 9, 7, and 7.

Then there's the foam roller. After using it almost every day for a week, it's now my friend.

Should mention those evil pilates V-ups and rocking V-ups. Let's just say that I still have a lot of work to do on those, and leave it at that.

Recent workouts:
Wed: Rest
Thu: Core + Speedwork(3.0 mi)

20 comments:

  1. Yay! for seeing some improvements.

    And I love LOLcats. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutley my hero - you just see something hard and go after it and conquer it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's awesome seeing such improvements :-) I was just thinking yesterday that trainers seem evil at 6am, but they really do make a difference in strength. Good job on the workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing improvement is great! Makes you want to keep going, right. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright Lisa!! Lookin REALLY good! I totally need to get with this *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to keep at it and work hard. The results naturally follow. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the improvements! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha!!! love the pic!!!

    Sounds like you're well on your way to some super sweet abs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that picture!!

    You are making great improvements and I could already tell at the Socorro tri that your abs were more toned...hard work always pays off and you can tell :-) (now I wish I had stuck with the pushups, too - maybe this winter)

    Way to stick with the pushups, planks, and the foam roller!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is the entire world going to be able to do more push ups than me? *sigh* ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a rockstar! Those are some big improvements for three weeks worth of work! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your doing great girlie, keep up the amazing work!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome progress!!! Imagine 3 months from now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that picture.
    Great job!
    On your previos post...YES!
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picture!!
    That looks like our kitty....

    So now I see that what I need is a bunch of rocks??!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're doing great. I was watching the Denise Richards show last night where she was trying to get her abs ready for going on her tropical vacation. I'm headed out on my tropical vacation soon, and I wish I could somehow get rock hard abs too! But I don't think it's happening at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that's inspiring! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are always up to something amazing. You go! :)

    Love the photo . . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that pic...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing how quickly you can progress on the plankage if you just do it. I need to get back to it. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete