Friday, January 5, 2007

Spinning

Still can't run or cycle outside due to snow and icy on the roads, so this morning I opened my newest Spinervals - Big Gear Strength and hopped on the bike trainer.


Now, I realize that I am a below average cyclist, but this one is REALLY hard. He lost me in the middle when he had us hop off the bikes and start doing lunges. I simply couldn't keep up and maybe got half the lunges in. I was happy to get back on the bike after that.


These things used to discourage me, but I know that if I keep at it, I will get stronger and be able to keep up. :)


I intended to head to the pool after that, but discovered my rear passenger tire to be completely flat. Bummer! Put some air in and went to get my tire repaired. An hour and a half later, I'm home, but now I have work and other obligations. Blah!


If I'm lucky, maybe I can get some core/strength work in later this afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Spinning is something I've never goten the hang of - I can do treadmills (but I don't like them) - but no spinning.

    Good for you for getting it done while the weather is bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got a chance to order one - I got Suffer-O-Rama. Should be here next week. Hopefully that will be better than spinning to the news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spinervals can be a tough workout. The "Hill" spinervals are pretty brutal. Now they have a 5 hour one from IM training. Awwee the mind-numbing pain. But I actually like indoor training.

    I read some place even pros do indoor training once a week all year round.

    As in all things, the more you do it the easier it is. so they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the spinerval! I got the On the Road one for Christmas. We did it on Tuesday - it was the first time any of us had ever seen Coach Troy in long pants! His workouts really pay off. I live in MN and always feel road-ready by springtime.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking about getting a trainer. Just thinking about it. Doesn't make as much sense here where the weather is usually mild. Stupid tire :-)

    ReplyDelete