Thursday, January 4, 2007

Oh good! I'm not the only one!

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S. Lewis

About this time last year, I created a blog to track my progress toward my first sprint triathlon. It was so boring, and nobody read it, and I was sure nobody would want to read it...so I deleted it after a few months. Several months later (after the Triathlon), I decided to start blogging again because I simply needed an outlet.

My friends and family are supportive, but they really can't relate to latest run or swim or cycling attempt. I might as well be speaking a foreign language if I mention aerobars, a pull bouy, 200 core, or an LSD run. To them, a training schedule is what baseball teams have during the spring and gel is something you put in your hair.

And so, I just wanted to stop and say THANK YOU to those that occasionally read and give supportive comments on my blog. I really appreciate it. It is good to know that I am not alone in this new language that I speak and in my goals and aspirations. I'm feeling sane again.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

6 comments:

  1. Well, here's to sanity then!!!
    I just started blogging mid-November and I love the community we have here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You're a great blogger-triathlete-friend.

    One thing to keep in mind, crazy people don't think they are crazy, so if you are concerned you are crazy you are by definition sane.

    Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, I thought this was a blog about turtles :)

    Thanks for reading also. As I always say "insanity loves company"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure what we do can be called "sane"... ;)

    Happy New Year to you...Best wishes for a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm new to your blog but thanks for the great stuff you post here. I totally sympathize with the out-of-the-loop family. They suck it up and support but they just don't get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and sorry it took me so long to get over here and check things out. Some people think the whole blogging thing is kind of strange, but I am not sure what I would do without this outlet. Glad you decided to start it back up.

    ReplyDelete